Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a current to voltage converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

howie

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
current to voltage converter

I am designing a data logger device and a part from it is I need to convert an amount of current into its corresponding voltage equivalent. I already have an ADC chip that converts analog to digital voltages, this is applicable for analog sensing devices such as liquid level sensors, temperature sensors and pressure sensors that outputs analog voltage. But there are analog devices that outputs current normally within the range of 0-40mA. Example, a water level sesnor outputs a current amounting to 15mA, it should be converted into it corresponding voltage level that will then be converted to digital voltage to determine its corressponding water level.

So can someone help me on how to design a Current to Voltage converter circuit that would satisfy the explanation above. I know that a simple Op-Amp circuit can solve my problem but can someone explain how to do it.

Are there other circuits that can also function as a current to voltage converter.

Hoping for your massive replies! :D

current to voltage converter circuit

HI

Use Ti INA138/168 device it is current to volatge converter IC and you need to add shunt resistor and a small cap

All the best

Bobi

current voltage converter ic analog

Single AOP and single resistor give you a current to voltage converter. The + input is connected to ground, resistor between output and - input of AOP, and output of current circuit connected to - input of the AOP, which will maintain always (if possible of course) the - input to ground level by driving output such as Vout = -RI.
Very easy.
Needs a positive and negative power supply.
Current generator see always a 0 level, which is generally the best for linearity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back