Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a circuit that detects when motor is jammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
help with circuit

I have a 555 timer in monostable mode. When the 555's output is active, it drives a transistor which drive a dpdt relay which drive a motor.

I need to know how to make a circuit that can detect when motor the stop because of a jam. Since the 555 has a reset pin, a circuit that sends a logic 1 to the reset pin when the motor jam would be nice.

help with circuit

one thing, the 555 timing function is already been used by the other part of my circuit so I can't use that for the circuit above.

Re: help with circuit

Which type of motor u r using :?:

Re: help with circuit

david90 said:
I have a 555 timer in monostable mode. When the 555's output is active, it drives a transistor which drive a dpdt relay which drive a motor.

I need to know how to make a circuit that can detect when motor the stop because of a jam. Since the 555 has a reset pin, a circuit that sends a logic 1 to the reset pin when the motor jam would be nice.

If it is an DC motor,
Putt a resistor (low ohm) in series of the motor, measure the voltage across the resistor with an OP-amp. Connect OP-amp as an comparator an set to desired trip level. Feed output from comparator to 555 reset pin. When the motor is jamed, a higher current is going trough the resistor and creates a higher voltage dropp detected by the comparator.

Please give detailes on motor.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back