Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a 200W cw 2.4ghz rf switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zltogo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Could you help : How to design a 200W cw 2.4ghz rf switch SPDT? Thank you very much!

This is only 50W but may give an idea how to do it:

**broken link removed**

Reactions: zltogo

zltogo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
This is only 50W but may give an idea how to do it:

**broken link removed**

thank you very much. That is really a good idea,but loss is little bit high for a high cw power.

The solid state switches cannot handle this power level.I think mechanical coaxial switches should be used.

typical for this forum, you have not given us enough information to comment. what is:
bandwidth
return loss desired
operating temperature
switching speed
cold or hot switching
available DC power supply voltages
RF power: 200w CW? Pulsed? Duty cycle?

a PIN diode 200 W CW switch will get....pretty flippin hot. U will have to cool it!!!!

If u do not know the answers to these questions, then do not try to design this switch, buy it from someone who does know the technology, or u will end up with a molten ball of aluminum.

typical for this forum, you have not given us enough information to comment. what is:
bandwidth
return loss desired
operating temperature
switching speed
cold or hot switching
available DC power supply voltages
RF power: 200w CW? Pulsed? Duty cycle?

a PIN diode 200 W CW switch will get....pretty flippin hot. U will have to cool it!!!!

If u do not know the answers to these questions, then do not try to design this switch, buy it from someone who does know the technology, or u will end up with a molten ball of aluminum.

Thanks for your reply. I think I have to give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back