Not open for further replies.

Reas

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using HSPICE to design an RF circuit and I need to define a model for spiral inductance with some specification.
So in my case I need to define the value of the spiral widths, the Number of turns, the space and the diameter. And also to define the value of induction L, the quality factor Q and the frequency.

Can anybody help me please??
:sad: :sad:

Below pls. find a publicly available HSPICE model file for a 0.18µm RF process, which includes spiral inductor models as a reference:

Attachments

• rf018.l.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 57

Thks for your answer but in this example I can't specify the value of L, Q and A???

I can't specify the value of L, Q and A???
Of course not. These values will/can be calculated from the geometrical specs -- for this special process.

Is there any another solution to define this variable?

Is there any another solution to define this variable?
Which one?

If you want to characterize a spiral inductor in real layout, you have to stick
1. to a real process, well characterized for this purpose, and
2. to a spiral inductor model which is characterized for this process

Within the limits of such a model you can change various geometrical parameters like no. of turns, diameter, width and distance of the inductor loops. The model will then calculate L and all its attributive parasitics. From these values you can calculate Q.

And if I want to specify also the S-param (S21, S11 and S22) of the inductance can I?

And if I want to specify also the S-param (S21, S11 and S22) of the inductance can I?
If you can find an appropriate model -- why not? With the touchstone tool this formerly was possible. Bot for IC design I don't know any, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.