Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to define a spiral inductance in Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reas

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using HSPICE to design an RF circuit and I need to define a model for spiral inductance with some specification.
So in my case I need to define the value of the spiral widths, the Number of turns, the space and the diameter. And also to define the value of induction L, the quality factor Q and the frequency.

Can anybody help me please??
:sad: :sad:

Below pls. find a publicly available HSPICE model file for a 0.18µm RF process, which includes spiral inductor models as a reference:

Attachments

• rf018.l.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 55

Thks for your answer but in this example I can't specify the value of L, Q and A???

I can't specify the value of L, Q and A???
Of course not. These values will/can be calculated from the geometrical specs -- for this special process.

Is there any another solution to define this variable?

Is there any another solution to define this variable?
Which one?

If you want to characterize a spiral inductor in real layout, you have to stick
1. to a real process, well characterized for this purpose, and
2. to a spiral inductor model which is characterized for this process

Within the limits of such a model you can change various geometrical parameters like no. of turns, diameter, width and distance of the inductor loops. The model will then calculate L and all its attributive parasitics. From these values you can calculate Q.

And if I want to specify also the S-param (S21, S11 and S22) of the inductance can I?

And if I want to specify also the S-param (S21, S11 and S22) of the inductance can I?
If you can find an appropriate model -- why not? With the touchstone tool this formerly was possible. Bot for IC design I don't know any, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.