Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] How to decide whether to use a FET or a transistor for low noise amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FET or transistor

the FET is also a transistor , and what do mean by the tansistor

khouly

You should ask yourself which type of transistor enables easier design and better or satisfactory results. In some cases you must use FET and other it is BJT or any of them.

FET or transistor

choise a low noise device

I think U mean transistor means BJT... FET is always preferred over BJT in low noise applications ..

Narendra kumar

Narendrakumar said:
I think U mean transistor means BJT... FET is always preferred over BJT in low noise applications ..

Narendra kumar
hello,
why is that?
as far as i know BJT has very low ficker
also BJT has more gain and is also
regards

Borber said:
You should ask yourself which type of transistor enables easier design and better or satisfactory results. In some cases you must use FET and other it is BJT or any of them.

Lets say I want a NF somewhere below 1, I checked few BJT's and find most of them with low noise figure in the datasheet (around 0.5db to 0.8 db) then what criteria I should look at when deciding to select one particular transistor other then avaibility.....
Also I am limiting my VSWR to be below 2 and I was asked to design with active biasing. can you help me reagrding this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back