Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to de-embed transmission line in Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouLinux

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am trying to simulate a structure in Momentum, actually a Marchand balun. However, on the input and output ports, I need to place a longer traces so that the edge of the balun will not be too close to the edge of the ground plane (I draw ground plane and not using the bottom most metal as infinite ground). Thus, I need to de-embed the input and output transmission lines so that the reference point will be the input and output points close to the balun structure.

I don't know how to de-embed the feed line in Momentum .... Has anyone tried this ??? Please suggest :)

Thanks a lot,

DYL

Re: De-embedding transmission line in ADS Momentum

I don't know how to de-embed the feed line in Momentum ....

Have you checked the ADS help? Reference plane shift is described in detail there.

Last edited:

Hi Volker and PlanarMetamaterials,

Thanks a lot for your advices :) I just forgot to check from the Help and there everything is described as you pointed out.

DYL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back