Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to create netlist with parameters in Cadence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugongying

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to create netlist

I am new to Cadence,I used to write netlist by myself.
Now I am trying to use virtuoso to draw schematic and create netlist in analog design environment,
but I don't know how to create netlist with some of value are specified as parameters.

e.g. I want to sweep L of a MOS,I know the spice netlist is like to be

.param Length=1u
M1 d g s b w=10u l=Length

but when I draw in virtuoso,how can I realize it?

put the variable name u like "Length" in the value of the Mosfet (for instance) that u like, i.e set L of M1 as Length .
then from analog enviroment choose> variables> copy from , u will get all variables from the schematic , then u can set the default value , and if u like u can choose variable>copy to , to set it by default

yes,I know how to set default value now
but I still don't know how to sweep param?
I mean ,can I sweep the length ?

analog enviroment>tools>parametric analysis

what you do iis by AME GUI interface.
but i wonder, how to fufil the same function only by modifing the netlist itself?
like HSPICE, we can rewrite some statement in netlist, then simulate the netlist in command mode.
then how to do with the netlist in spectre format?

you can vary L by analog enviroment>tools>parametric analysis OR
you can vary model and other parameters by selecting it in analysis i.e. ac, stb, dc transient .. just clik n vary temperature , beta and other parameters to see how they affect ur circuit;)

I use spectre command line to simulate analog circuit.
It is like HSpice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back