Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to create,access and write in a 100-element array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizabeth ann

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my topic subject says it all, how do i access/write to a 100-element array?

i am using PIC16F877A, the keypad is the input and a 16x2 LCD for the display.

initially, the array is blank. the contents should be the 100 alarm events which will be entered by the user and will be stored in the array. the contents will be in hours (0-24). the interrupt has to check from time to time if any of the elements match the recent time, and if it does, it will signal an alarm (such as a blinking LED or a buzzer).

what are the things that i need to do first? is it possible for the microcontroller to scan the entire 100 element (alarms) by merely using an interrupt?

are there any suggestions?....thanks a lot....

yes upto best of my knowledge its possible for microcontroller to scan 100 element by using an interrupt

what i understand is u want to make some sort reminder
user enter time and at that time alarm reminds u of that event
is it so??????

if u r a good programmer than ive another idea for u
u can store reminder in form of phrases as u r interfacing lcd
for eg 2 represent abc 3 represent def and so on
when event occur same phrase can be displayed

Added after 1 minutes:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

thank you, well i have to put the alarms (reminders, as you call it), in terms of HOURS, it's pretty obvious why and why it should not be in phrases...

now, i'm open to as many suggestions as possible...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.