Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to count Matchstick

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthumani

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need to do a project to count N number of sticks, once the number matches it should do some action (need to fill the match box). Please suggest me a better idea to count matchsticks...

Not much information here. How are the sticks arranged? Are they on a surface and need picking up? Are they on a belt feeding system? How are the sticks being moved? Is it an automated feed system?
A simple system would be a magazine with an electromagnet stop and an optical sensor to count. You count each stick as it passes and when the correct count is reached. stop the stick feed and advance the box below. then restart.

Please go through the link. At 2:50 seconds we can find how the sticks are feed in to the inner box. I Didn't have any clue how to proceed further with this... Suggest me your idea. Give me a week time this weekend i am going to the production plant. Will come up with more answer for your questions... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsigTaW36lE&feature=fvwrel

I have seen the video. The matches are loaded into a predefined mesh block. The number of matches is already counted as a predefined block is filled with matches and each block only holds a predefined number of matches.
As this on a ready made production machine, it will be very difficult (if not impossible) to change the counting method. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to have the preloaded blocks pass a light on one side and to have a light detector check to see if there are any open holes and to reject the fill if any is detected. Pass the remaining matches to a bypass chute and refill.

Last sunday went to the factory and had a look on that... There the match sticks are collected in a tray and dropped in side the inner box of the match box. A brush is rotating over the filled box to remove the excess sticks. Sometimes what happen is the brush remove more sticks than the desired. The expected is, the match box should filled morethan 80%. They are open for new implementaion also. Please give your comments for new design aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.