Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to copy .hex file from one PIC to another PIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmaygadre

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a programmed PIC16F877. I want to copy the program or .hex file from that PIC to another PIC16F877.
Please help me out in the process of extracting the .hex file from one PIC and burning it into another PIC.
Please Help !!

which programmer are you using? in Pickit2 its easy you need to read the device and go to file and click on export hex .

It's easy provided that the code protection is not enabled (is it a commercial chip?).

If it is not, then any programmer should be capable of reading the chip to a hex file.

which programmer are you using? in Pickit2 its easy you need to read the device and go to file and click on export hex .

I am using MPLAB. And is it possible to extract the program - edit it - and then create hex file and burn it in another PIC ??

I am using MPLAB. And is it possible to extract the program - edit it - and then create hex file and burn it in another PIC ??

You can get the hex code in a disassembled form but without comments and labels, it's a lot of work to find out what was done. Less work to write your own software.

First confirm the chip is open to be explored. Further comes all your questions.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.