Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert the voltage to the resistance with OpAmp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantang

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing RTD calibrator ,need a circuit to convert the voltage to the resistance with amp??

try a digital potentiometer this will convert voltage to resistence:

**broken link removed**

TOGETHER WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL...

I think a quick way would be to use the characteristics of a FET. In the linear region they act like voltage-controlled resistors. In the saturation region they are voltage controlled current sources. The voltage-controlled resistor characteristic of a FET is usually exploited in building gain controlled amplifiers. For a certain gate input voltage, you get a drain current. The relationship between the two in the linear region mimics a resistor.

For example, you can put a FET in the feedback path of an opamp to control the gain. If you assume a standard inverting configuration then Gain = Vout/Vin = Rfeedback / R1 = Rfet / R1. Where R1 is the resistor that is not in the feedback path.

I'm not too sure if this helps, but a few fets you might be able to use:
3SK38A, 3N170, CD3600, 2N4351, SD210.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back