Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert Lumped into Microstrip lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

geelani

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an inductor whose value is 0.5*L and capacitor whose value is 2*L in series at 900 MHz, another parallel circuit with Inductor and Capacitor values as C and L at 2.5 Ghz ( the values of C and L are known).. Now my question is...i want to convert this lumped elements in to microstrip lines. Please any body help me here. I will be very very much thankful..Either by means of calculation or smith chart...Waiting for reply..

With Regards

So, your Approximately L=0.18 n H and C= 22.5 pF. And you want to convert a series LC network (0.009 nH and 0.36 nF) to microstrip lines in 900 MHz. And, as well, a parallel LC (0.18 nH, 22.5 pF) to a microstrip lines in 2.5 GHz.
???

yes drabos exaclty, Could you please help me how to convert in Microstriplines.

Thanks in advance

The exact solution is dependent on the application (what is the role of the resonators, what is the substrate).
The simpliest way is, that using quarter wave transmission line resonators (if it is shorted than it can be a parallel LC and if it is opened it can be a series LC).
Other way to use interdigital capacitor and spirlal inductor.
Other way, for series inductance you can use a thin line.
If you want to make a filter, may be, first read Pozar's book.
I think there is many possibilities, everything depend on the application and the substrate.

Reactions: sohkha

geelani

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

sohkha

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the help, I will follow the simplest way by using quarter wave transmission line.

Hi drabos,
Can you please tell me how to find impedance, electrical length values for parallel LC circuit. I have LC in parallel and i have to design microstrip of that. I took quarter wavelength transmission line with short end. but what will be the value of impedance and electrical length? I found by z=sqrt(L/c) and electrical length= 1/freq*sqrt(LC). but my response is not same. could please help me. (I am using ADS ideal transmission line.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back