Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulykit

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been chasing my tail a bit trying to convert a Gerber file, *.grb to a *.dxf. There are plenty of free viewers and converters that go the other way. I am looking for a freeware solution that does not preclude commercial use.

An old thread here was helpful. Skywalker started the discussion: h**p://https://www.edaboard.com/threads/890/ There are a number of other related threads as well.

Sourceforge provided a link to Gerbv 2.6.0 ( h**p://gerbv.gpleda.org ) and ( h**p://gerbv.sourceforge.net/ )

Gerbv provides a somewhat painful way to extract the parameters of a layout using the measure tool.

Has anyone found a more convenient solution? Ideally, I would like to do an import and direct conversion followed by an export in *.dxf, without needing to manually redraw the traces.

Regards,

Azulykit

Which software are you using to generate your Gerber files ?

I am working with *.grb files created by a third party using FreePCB. I am interested in a generic solution that is not tied to a particular software tool. For the moment I am doing the translation manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…