Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Convert Gerber *.gbr files to Autocad *.DXF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulykit

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have been chasing my tail a bit trying to convert a Gerber file, *.grb to a *.dxf. There are plenty of free viewers and converters that go the other way. I am looking for a freeware solution that does not preclude commercial use.

An old thread here was helpful. Skywalker started the discussion: h**p://https://www.edaboard.com/threads/890/ There are a number of other related threads as well.

Sourceforge provided a link to Gerbv 2.6.0 ( h**p://gerbv.gpleda.org ) and ( h**p://gerbv.sourceforge.net/ )

Gerbv provides a somewhat painful way to extract the parameters of a layout using the measure tool.

Has anyone found a more convenient solution? Ideally, I would like to do an import and direct conversion followed by an export in *.dxf, without needing to manually redraw the traces.

Regards,

Azulykit

Which software are you using to generate your Gerber files ?

I am working with *.grb files created by a third party using FreePCB. I am interested in a generic solution that is not tied to a particular software tool. For the moment I am doing the translation manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back