How to convert 12v DC/8amp truck battery supply to 5v DC/800ma ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: dc to dc converter

you sould use buck converter. you can use linear power supply. but your most of the power will be descipated leading to lower efficiency.in case of dc-dc converter, you will get efficiency of 80-90%. nowadays many tiny switch are available from power integration, texas instrument, etc. u have to just configure it externally with 4-5 components.

dc to dc converter

Hi mayankverma786,
If you will select i.e. NI`s "simple switcher"; you have the minimal count external components & good efficiency too. Fill it out_its interesting as learn effect too, your case has i.e. best case complete BOM at $2.50(LM2765-5,in sum 8 components & need 306mm2 surface, with 88% efficiency) ...
**broken link removed**
K.

dc to dc converter

Hi
You can find some with a couple of transistors, it was some weeks ago on edaboard too(I think title was some with "the simplest switcher" or so...), but whats your problem pls with a simple to adapt/apply IC?
The discreet built (transistors) version gives you possibly a lot problems & to assume; it will not be smaller/better & cheaper...
K.

Re: dc to dc converter

Hi karesz can i have your yahoo or gtalk id? my id is mayankverma786@gmail.com

Added after 5 minutes:

which circuit will be better for trucks battery?

Added after 55 minutes:

thank you!! karesz

Status
Not open for further replies.