Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control the output voltage back to 5 voltage via microcontroller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am conducting a small experiment on my sine wave as my desired voltage is approximately 5V but the output voltage is roughly about 6 Volts so I would like to learn how to control the output voltage back to 5 Voltage via microcontroller. Unfortunately I have no knowledge of implementing control system

Any help would be indeed appreicated

Maverick Max

Control system

Describe what you are doing in more detail.
What circuit are you using to generate a sinewave?

Re: Control system

Hi

Im using my microcontroller chip to generate sine wave via capture compare unit but I use variable resistor to control the amplitude and the output voltage is connected back to my microcontroller chip so I need to know how to control amplitude automatically to meet the desired voltage.

MaverickMax

Re: Control system

use op-amp.. use 741..its cheap..
if ur required wave should vary from -5V to +Volt..then simply give biasing:
Vcc=+5 volt
Vee=-5 Volt

and set the unity gain...it will clip the uper edges..if it don't hurt ur requirement, then use this...
there must be much more easy choices..but in my mind clicked this one..

:)
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back