Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control testbench using TCL

Status
Not open for further replies.

vcnvcc

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Friends

I want to know how to control different testbeches using TCL..

for example
say I have counter design and to test that Im writing reset test case, clock generation test case, and so many test cases depends on design..... and i have monitor/ checker as well.

Now how to write a file in TCL which controls my test cases in test bench....what this environment called?

If you can tell me bit more about this with example......
(Already searched on internet but not found)....

thanks....

Thanks sarath
I have this documets...but what im looking for is something else...

I want a kind of example, with testbench covering different test cases(vhdl if possible) ...and final TCL script which controls this test bench...if u have any material, any link please upload.

Thanks..

Kind of example------------------from asicworld.com

module counter_tb; // say counter design we have n this is its testbench
reg clk, reset, enable;
wire [3:0] count;

counter U0 (
.clk (clk),
.reset (reset),
.enable (enable),
.count (count)
);

initial
begin
clk = 0;
reset = 0;
enable = 0;
end

always
#5 clk = !clk;

endmodule

///say i have reset n clock test case....

event reset_trigger; // now whts this "event"....in VHDL wht to use
event reset_done_trigger;

initial begin
forever begin
@ (reset_trigger);
@ (negedge clk);
reset = 1;
@ (negedge clk);
reset = 0;
-> reset_done_trigger;
end
end

initial
begin: TEST_CASE
#10 -> reset_trigger;
end

initial
begin: TEST_CASE
#10 -> reset_trigger;
@ (reset_done_trigger);
@ (negedge clk);
enable = 1;
repeat (10) begin
@ (negedge clk);
end
enable = 0;
end

vcnvcc said:
Thanks sarath
I have this documets...but what im looking for is something else...

I want a kind of example, with testbench covering different test cases(vhdl if possible) ...and final TCL script which controls this test bench...if u have any material, any link please upload.

;
end

If you already have the testbench why do you need a TCL testcase/bench? I'm sorry I don't understand the requirement well. TCL can be used as testbench/testcase and we cover this in detail along with lab example(s) in our 1-day course on testbench/verification (see www.noveldv.com). We also go about discussing what are other types of testbenches when to use which type, their relative merits and demerits. If you are interested, drop me an email at cvc.training @gmail.com. We are likely to have a public course this week or early next week in Bangalore.

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

aji_vlsi,

1 day course + public = FREE??

vcnvcc said:
aji_vlsi,

1 day course + public = FREE??

Sorry if that mislaed you to think so, given that I and my team has put enough energy in creating this course, it is not free. In trainings a "public" class means a class open to audience from many companies. It is at Rs. 7500 /-

Ajeetha, CVC
www.noveldv.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back