Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control a DC motor using PIC16F877A?(newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoashLgn

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys,
im a newbie in microcontrollers especially this PIC16F877A, can anyone help me out on how to control a normal dc motor using this PIC? what are the considerations i should beware off?

Thank you
jo

Hi!
The best thing is to use any micorcontroller having builtin PWM module with a dedicated H-bridge driver IC like the L6203 and LMD18201. If it is a small motor with low current load then you can build your own H-bridge but in my opinion it is better to use a dedicated H-bridge driver IC.
Take special care of the power supply to the microcontroller on such boards because switching currents through the coils of a motor produces noise that can interfere with normal microcontroller operation. So the use of bypass capacitors is highly recommended.

Regards.

hi tere
thank you, btw do you know any good links where i can learn to design my own h-bridge?

thank you
Jo

The document name is Tips n Trick MOTORS, this was given by the Microchip themselve(the Maker of PIC16F877A)

ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/41233A.pdf

it contains all the necessary information used for controlling DC motor drives, by PIC controller :D.It also contains other application notes linked to motor control on page no. 32 and 33.

Google for Chuck McManis H-Bridge !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back