Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect Seven Segment Display with Spatran 3e starter kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonnightingale

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Today i purchased 4 digit seven segment Display. I am having both common cathode and common anode display.
How can i connect this with my Spatran 3e as it is having LCD and i dont want to jump directly to LCD. At present i am using 8 LEDs and now i am confident to use them. Now i want to use seven segment.

Somebody told me to use IOs of board and connect seven segment to it externally. I could not find any material on it in Spatran 3E manual
Kindly help me

Attachments

• seven segment display.jpg
    seven segment display.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 138

mrflibble,I think i was not clear in my question.
I know how to code seven segment display.
What all i need is that i want to know how can i physically connect this external seven segment display with my FPGA Starter kit.

mrflibble,I think i was not clear in my question.
I know how to code seven segment display.
What all i need is that i want to know how can i physically connect this external seven segment display with my FPGA Starter kit.

Ah okay, I guess I totally misunderstood you. Allow me to adjust my reply. I am positive that with a little work and original thought this new link will provide all the information required. :)

Mrflibble this is the same link as of first post

kindly check again

Mrflibble this is the same link as of first post

kindly check again

Actually , you should check again, because the provided link has the actual connection between the led display and the FPGA pins, this is what you asked for.
Are you confused because you have 4 digits, look at the next page of the above link fpga4fun.com - LED multiplexing

Alex

I was asking for this card. i got it. basically i want my FPGA kit to communicate with external world
anyway thanks.

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 102

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back