Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect PLC with Scada via wireless communication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eidou

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All...........

I have some problem and want to share it with you to get a suitable solving

i'm now working on fire fighting robot project in my college and i used plc and will use scada as interface screen but i don't know how can i connect the plc with scada via wireless communication.

does it neccessary to use wireless driver from the same plc manufacturer

or can i use any smal electronic wireless circuit with take in consideration the environment of the application

and even if i will use electronic circuit which one i will use.

thanks.

Re: fire fighting robot

A worthy project.

Your radio communication system will need to comply with regulations as to frequency spectrum allocation, signal output strength, unintended interference with other radio users, etc.

If you don't know about these things then you should obtain a ready-made radio system. In all likelihood this means a commercially produced system.

Do you want your robot to obey a few commands: advance, turn, stop, reverse, etc.? Then look into how radio control works as is used for model cars/boats/planes. You may end up using similar mechanical parts in your receiving unit. It won't necessarily mean you have to use a transmitter with joysticks that you move by hand.

Do you want your robot to send video wirelessly? There are a few products that do this. (Haven't used any myself.)

Could wireless networking fill the bill? A wireless card for laptops can be picked up cheap on Ebay.

Reactions: eidou

eidou

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
dear BradtheRad

first thank you for replying

second, i have an idea i got it from your post this idea is summarized in using laptop wifi in communication
and using plc with ethernet port and make the connection via router

what is your opinion in this ,do you have any practical application on this idea

thanks

Sounds ideal.

A Google search shows many hits about a plc using ethernet communication. I have no experience with a plc (didn't know it meant programmable logic converter until now).

If the router needs a supply voltage other than what the robot's battery gives, then you may need to add a DC-to-DC step-down converter.

In case there's traffic on your wifi frequency, you may want to program the capability to switch to a different channel.

Here's a website with a brief description.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.