Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect PIC to USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arash_micro

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I want to connect a PIC to usb .
I now first in the computer i must Brows my hardware .
Can i do this without any other driver IC's like cypress .
Thanks

usb hid terminal

Since you want to work with a PIC, you don't really need any other chip. Use PIC18F4550 family.

usb hid terminal

Thanks alot But i need simple sample of it

mikropascal usb

Hi. You can use PIC18F4550. It have built-in usb controller.

Best Regards.

hidterminal

Check here
**broken link removed**

mikropascal hid

You may use FTDI other chip FT245BM which also has direct IO interface. With this chip, you don't have to mess with RS-232 handshaking signals for simple IO.

On FTDI site: www.ftdichip.com you may find complete VB or VC source code for interfacing this chip with regular microcontroller like PIC or 8051x.

Regards,

mikropascal +usb

FTDI is like signal translator, it's easy, but not so powerful.
For usb it is best to use PIC18F4550, and PIC18F2550 (it has usb 2.0 support).
You have instructions that support USB in mikropascal compiler:
iIt is easy to to create an USB device! HID terminal is very useful for testing purposes.

**broken link removed**

pic 18f4450 sample code

if you plan to use PIC18F4550 for USB try to download example source code
to learn.
h**p://www.sixca.com/eng/articles/usbdaq.php

Please post Login and Password.

mikropascal pic pro example usb

Hi pixel,

USB is designed to be compatible all its version. Even version 2 is compatible with version 1 and 1.1. All product designed with 1 will work 1.1 and 2. Phrase "USB 2.0 compatible" is just marketing gimik.

Actully, USB when designed by Intel (since Intel dosen't have any serial protocol standard in its name while its competetors viz Motorolla has SPI, National has Microwire and Philips has I2C) it was supposed to fastest of all serial standard. But when Firewire promoted by Apple proves running at 600 to 800 MHz, Intel started to experiment with USB again and found that it too can goes upto 400 MHz. Hence they then created version 2 named High-speed mode. With this, now officially USB has three speed: Low speed 1-2 MHz, Full spead 12 MHz and High speed 380 MHz.

All product intially start with either USB Full speed or Low speed. Then when Host (PC) allow, depending its bandwidth and CPU applications load, switch to High speed 380 MHz.

I hope this will clarify more.

Regards,

usb 18f4450

I was thinking on a PIC16C765, which until now was only choice for PIC with USB. It was not able to support - usb2.0.
Simply, usb pic programmers based on pic18f4450, are much faster.

mikropascal y usb

Is it easy to use the 18F4450 as a simple serial <-> USB converter?

18f4450 usb firmware

have a look at my so-simple example

i've done the same with 18F2455 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back