Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect between two microcontroller 16f877a ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragoniii

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plz someone help me .......
i want to send temp data from 1 pic 16f877a to another what can i do and wich program i can use to do that ???? :)

There are several ways to do it.

1. Use SPI interface to connect the two PICs..
one PIC as master and other one as slave
you may connect three pins CLK, SDI & SDO pins together...

2. Use UARTs to connect the two PICs..
If you use hardware UARTS then you can use interrupts to identify received bytes..
otherwise you may need to poll the Rx buffer for incoming data...

3. Use I2C interface
Configure one device as the Master and other one as slave

4. If you are bit brave it is not that difficult to write your own interface by manually generating a clock and data using two or three pins of the two PICs....

There are many examples available in internet how to connect two PICs... google a bit... :)

thanks and can i use protos program for defined that ??

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

my project is to send tempreture data from 1 pic to another and show that on lcd

The following link demonstrates a multi-PIC I2C network complete with source code and schematics. It utilizes two PIC18Fs, however it could be adapted to the PIC16F series.

The following Microchip appnote discuss the same technique, only utilizing PIC16Fs:

**broken link removed**

Similar techniques can be employed to implement a SPI network.

BigDog

thanks and can i use protos program for defined that ??

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:48 ----------

my project is to send tempreture data from 1 pic to another and show that on lcd

Yes, You can use Proteus to simulate it.
What I can remember, there's an example in Proteus which demonstrates the data communication between two PICs... just have a look at it...

cheers,

thanks for all but i want the data sheet plz i cant find it i want know how can i connect the two microcontroller using spi or 12c where can i find the data sheet ???

Status
Not open for further replies.