How to compile VCS simulator (simv) statically? and how to increase performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noureddine-as

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I migrated recenly from ModelSim to VCS for performance issues (ModelSim was sooo slow for gate-level simulation plus I always had to generate VCD or FSDB and then feed that to PrimeTime which takes a lot of time and disk space, wheras VCS directly generates the SAIF files I want).
The performance gain was pretty huge. However I think I can optimize more.

So, the CAD tools server where VCS is installed is too slow since a lot of people work on it (and the Operating System is too old also). Is it possible to compile "simv" statically on that machine for example? cz I have a more powerful machine elsewhere, but with no VCS license installed. So I figured out if I could compile simv statically in the old one, and run on the powerful one. I played with the generated makefiles a bit, but I didn't succeed. Apparently VCS generates a lot of dynamic libraries especially the ones in `simv.daidir`
When I added the gcc `-static` flag to VCS, the linking results in the following error:
Code:
/usr/bin/ld: attempted static link of dynamic object `_csrc1.so'

Any additional ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…