Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to compare multiple voltages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timedate

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, all

I get several (4-16) DC output voltages, all ranging from 0-3.3v.

and I want to compared all these DC, and choose the highest one as the input signal of my next stage.

what kind of devices should I choose? I searched for "multiple voltage comparator" but found nothing.

Thanks

Use as example PIC18F45K22 (can work on 1,8V) which have 28 10-bit ADC channels, take values from channels, compare them and some output pin should switch some MOSFET DC channel on, and other channels turn off.

A peak detector could do what you want.

The capacitor automatically charges to whichever is the highest incoming volt level.

This method subtracts a diode drop from all incoming signals. Therefore you should add 0.7 to all of them beforehand, because signals below 0.7 V will get disregarded otherwise.

The transistor can be used to discharge the capacitor. Or install a medium resistance across it, to discharge it gradually.

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.