Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to compare between internal eeprom and RTC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bianchi77

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,

I want to set starting time and stopping time with RTC,
Shall I use eeprom for it ?
How to compare between internal eeprom and RTC ?

any clues or ideas ?
thanks

u can use Interrupt from RTC for that time or u can just continous check it in while loop.and if u want to retain the compar value after power is off then u have to use EEPROM.

u can use Interrupt from RTC for that time or u can just continous check it in while loop.and if u want to retain the compar value after power is off then u have to use EEPROM.

I see, is it possible for me using UTC ? convert RTC to UTC save to eeprom and compare the content of EEPROM with current RTC ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time

If the time which you have to compare with RTC time is not changed but fixed like 16:45:26 then you can hardcode it. The value will be in a variable. If uC resets the variable will be initialized again with that value which can be compared in while(1) loop.

for added simplicity, in starting you can read the EEPROM values and put in alarm flags or you can update them in while loop if you need it dynamically...

how can I save the value from RTC, for example I want to set on at 16:05:05 and off at 19:01:43 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.