Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to choose some perticular LED for perticular purpose.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

narindia16

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to choose proper LED

Hello Friends,

I have started a new startup of led display. I found that there are huge type of LEDs are available in the market. I have choosen to use oval shaped leds.

I need guidance from some experianced person that what should be checked in LEDs before its purchase. what are its MCD and what is Pitch. People are saying differnet LEDs are for Different Purpose, so please guide me how to choose some perticular LED for perticular purpose.

Like if i design moving messge display, which led with how much angle should be used and if i design display for stationay outer display then led with how much angle and how much mcd should be used. what exectly this led angle is.

Please guide me

How to choose proper LED

Hi,
I think, the most important specs are for you:
-what kind of (light)power do you have at your wished angle at your planed distance? You must self calculate per simple trigonometry what is your angle/distance & readingangle-mcd constellation...
-LED-raster is to calculate after them.
-stability/scattering of light power versus such important parameters (temp, voltage/current/colors), peak current capabilities, possible dissipating_ needed cooling(check it pls, inside your display you will have some HIGHER TEMP as outside!).
-Can you have a sun protection_if not: dissipations limit for individual LEDs, other side constructions/coolingsaspect for you....Maybe you need a double case to have/use effect of natural air convection too...
-mcd; is it to read at sunlight; whats your needed contrast?
-moving message display, you must specify; what is your reading/moving speed, the count of segments/pixels give than you the speed/pixel frequency of your control signal.
-can you switch the selected LEDs with your calculated/planed pixel frequency? Have it the needed light power?
Most LED-datasheets dont specified it!!_maybe you must self qualify the selected LEDs for your project(s)...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.