Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose ADC from different vendors??? ADI seems to win most of the companies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete.York

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ,
I need to design a low cost DAQ system, I need to use 16bit ADC with at least 8 channels.
I found several from Linear, TI, Analog and Maxim.
All of them can easily support 100Ksps, according to their specification they are all the same (plus minus). The only difference is the price. The lowest price and the better performance I can see only from Analog Devices. How can this be? It is a little strange for me that for example ADI part is almost twice lower price then Maxim and Linear and have better performance. Can this be true? If so, what can be a reason for anyone to by from other companies?

Do you need me to post part numbers?

Thank you for help.

Yes, Linear and Maxim tend to be more expensive... but not significantly. In high volume, all those 4 cies are competitive.
it depends where you get the price...

Hi Pete,York.
What do you do with the 8 channel DAQ stream? Do you:
Store it locally?
Interface to PC via RS232?
Interface to PC via USB?
Can you please tell me more about your project ?
Regards

Klystron

From what I have seen of in my short career in designing is that the repeatability of ADI is better than Maxim and Linear. Usually we don't look much on pricing, so I don't know much on that. If you are looking on using several versions of the design you are developing, I would suggest you to go for ADI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back