Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to choice a good amplify ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ymq8328

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am a fresh man in analog circuit. I want to kown how to choice ampify. please tell me something that must be noticed 。

1. Gain, Gain-Bandwidth Product, Maximum Frequency or Bandwidth
2. -3 dB Bandwidth, Cutoff frequencies, Frequency response
3. Class of Amplification, Power Efficiency, Static Power Consumption
4. Open or Closed-Feedback and Stability
5. DC offset, input bias, input and output impedance, drift
6. Slew rate, SNR, SNDR, NF, THD

In addition to SkyHigh's reply I mention 2 notes one for signal amplifiers and one for power amplifiers:

1.dynamic range, which is the maximum level of inputs that the amplifier works in it's linear range and almost depends on the first transistors( BJT or FET).This property is very important for low level signal amplifiers.

2.efficiency,which is the ration of maximum output power to DC power.This property depends on the disipation of transistors in amplifier .Class B is better than A and swiching Classes are best.

operation voltage(vdd, vss)
input current
common mode range

tks for your reply . but there are a lot of problems that I don't kown. can you tell me them using AD811 for a example. (I just kown 'gain' ,Slew rate). I don't kown what are current-feedback operational amplifier and voltage-feedback operational.

1.ICMR
2.slew rate
3.phase margin
3.Gain and UGB
3.offset
4.PSRR and CMRR etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.