Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check the memory needed in PIC for asm and hex file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcheetah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
a question about PICs

if i have the asm and hex file for a PIC that i am going to program, can i know what space it will occupy in the memory of the PIC. actually i want to know if the program i have written will overflow the memory space or not.

Re: a question about PICs

you load the hex with ICProg and you count the '3FFF' :wink:

count the '3FFF'

im sorry im new to this. does that refer to counting the number of times 3FFF comes in the loaded hex file. or is it something else

samcheetah,

when you assemble your asm file via MPLAB you should also get an assembler listing where you will find all the information you want to know.

Also in MPLAB goto window -> program memory and you should see the hexdump of your program. If you have selected the correct chip you are using before assembling you should also see here if there is any unused memory in your chip.

hope this helps and best regards

after compiling with mplab you can look end of the *.LST file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back