How to change a file, like .m or .fig of Matlab to an executable file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatimajoy

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi! how can I make a file to an executable file ex .m or .fig of matlab? thanks! A code will really help.

Re: .EXE

thanks! but the link I followed create C stand-alone application for the .m. What I want to do is when i double-click the program it will run even if matlab program is not open. any help?

.EXE

You can use MATLAB Compiler to build an executable:
https://www.mathworks.com/products/compiler/

Unfortunately, the executable is not self-contained. It requires installing the MATLAB Component Runtime (MCR). The MCR is free to distribute with your executable, but it's huge, like 150 MB.
**broken link removed**

i've successfully compiled m file but the problem is when I run it on a different computer it returns an error of missing ??????73.dll. I've tried to search in a mcr file created when it was compiled but i didn't find MCRinstaller.exe on it. Can anyone tell me how to run my executable file on other computer without matlab installed on it? thanks!

.EXE

check this:
h**p://www.onecore.net/howtocreate-standalone-executable-for-matlab-file.htm

THESE are examples some executable
h**p://people.scs.fsu.edu/~burkardt/m_src/m_src.html

.EXE

This page says the "Deployment Tool" helps you package the MCR. I haven't tried it.
**broken link removed**

thanks guys for all your help! I really appreciate it.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…