Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the Inductance(Lres) and Cres Value in a lamp ballast design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emiljose88

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all

Me going to designing a induction lamp ballast in a wide range, like 40W,80W,120W,150W,180W,200W,250W.
Me successfully completed 40W & 80W, using a reference design. The running frequency is 218Khz.
But I got continuous failures issues in 150W ballast, there is no reference design. How can I calculate the Inductance(Lres) and Cres Value??

As you don't specify what lamps you are using its a guess, but I would think that as the power increases, its primarily the current that increases, not the voltage. 80W = two 40W inside the same envelope, just combine the metal work. . .
So how does you electronic ballast know what to set the current to?
Frank

All induction lights run on AC of course, but could polyphase be used? Such as if you have multiple induction lights in a room and run each one off a separate phase.

Could you kindly please post a link to the reference design you are using, for us to be able to give suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back