Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate the ICMR in 2 stage amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
this is a typical two stage opamp by using level 1 .

**broken link removed**

I want to know ICMR, so I make the buffer configuration and I do DC sweep simulation.

**broken link removed**

I see the Allen Book and I try to solve the problem. but it's value is not fit the answer. what's wrong with it? the equations is not true?

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

I need your help. How to calculate ICMR in two stage?

Equations are correct, but only for the body factor. Actually, you must consider body factor to get the right set of equations. Also, the minimum CMR could be limited by the Vgs8+Vtp.

Proceed as usual.

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thanks for your reply.

but I don't understand how to calculate ICMR in two stage exactly.

when I calculate ICMR in single stage, All I have to concern is single stage Vin and Vout.

I have to calculate ICMRs of each stages? and then? add together?

I'll try it tonight. but in my thought, I do not still get the point.

anyway, thanks!

The icmr is input common mode range, so it is no relation for the other stage

hi
finding the icmr of each stage is not a good idea because u will have to give feedback to each stage in order to find it. instead provide a feedback to the whole amp by placing a large resistor between output and the -ve input and a large cap between -ve input ang ground. do the dc sweep and find the extreme ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back