Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate Heat Dissipation in Main Switchboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

edinburgh

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
heat dissipation calculation

Dear Experts,

My friend is looking for a formula to calculate Heat Dissipation in Main Switchboard.

Pls kindly share and explain the calculation if you know.

He said he doesn't want to use IEC 890...!!!

Thanks.

BEst Regards,Edin

calculate heat dissipation

what is a switchboard?

how to calculate heat dissipation

well, calculating heat dissipation is one way to go. Measuring another way. If you have a complex board and it will go into production, you need to measure many. mesure the worst case. analyze the statistics. And then you'll get the picture.
I have always tried to calculate before the first protos arrive the heat disspiation. I have noticed that the more complex the board the bigger the calculation error from measurement.
If you do not have any power outputs, then measuring the input power (voltage * current) gives you a very good understanding of the heat that needs to be dissipated. After that look at the PCB with a thermal camera and you'll get the picture of what needs cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back