Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate group delay of S11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nckwang

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
group delay aperture

i want to know group delay of S11, but i dont know how go get it, can anyone help me?
Thanks.

s11 group delay

nckwang said:
i want to know group delay of S11, but i dont know how go get it, can anyone help me?
Thanks.
in time? draw the phase of S11, it shows the relative phase delay in frequency domain.calculate the phase delay in time domain with it. (remind: 360degrees=1cycle=1/f in second)) take care of phase transmission between -180deg. and 180deg. you should count it as a whole cycle.

marti

calculate group delay

GD = -(1/360) * (dphi/df),
phi [deg], f [Hz]
df - aperture is frequency-delta used to calculate GD
wider aperture: lower noise / less resolution
narrower aperture: more resolution / higher noise

how to calculate aperture

Hi,

as shown above, group delay is a derivative of a phase with respect to frequency. However, I can't think on any usage of group delay for S11 paremater (unlike S21 where the usage is well known).

Can you please explain why you need to calculate it and what you are going to do once you know it?

flyhigh

1cycle group delay

GD = -(1/360) * (dphi/df),
phi [deg], f [Hz]
df - aperture is frequency-delta used to calculate GD
wider aperture: lower noise / less resolution
narrower aperture: more resolution / higher noise

Can any one explain the term
in more details ?

aperture (frequancy delta) for what ??

and what is the unit for GD ( group dalay )??

how to calculate phase from group delay

Group delay is relative to S21 not S11

The group delay related to S11 is device-group-delay, while which related to S21 is transmission-group-delay (or insertion-delay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back