Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate bandwidth for RF communication systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truebs

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Bandwidth Calculations !

I find it difficult to analyse the RF communication systems of Bandwidth.
I mean how to calculate bandwidth required etc...
How do i anaylse it ,please suggest some tutorial or book.

Say if i want to design a system to send binary data in ASK format at( B ) bps ,how do i calculate the Bandwidth , and how do i know the maximum value of B ,i can use ?

Thanks !

Re: Bandwidth Calculations !

I recommend for you following EDA book:

Digital modulation techniques / Fuqin Xiong.
p. cm. - (Artech House telecommunications library)
Includes bibliographical references and index.
ISBN 0-89006-970-0 (alk. paper)

with link

Re: Bandwidth Calculations !

HI. The book that truebs is talking it is a good start. But I going to explain some tips.

Actually, when you have an ASK waveform the bandwidth is infinite. Of course the practical solution is to crop the bandwidth for transmission.

You have to consider:

- As greater the bandwith you will get more acurate waveform in then receiver.
- As greater the bandwith you will get more noise.

Some people takes a bandwidth of 1/T where T is the duration of a bit (or a bandwidth of your datarate in Hz). This is a criteria. There are more. This one takes the principal lobe of the power spectral density of your waveform because is the one with has more % of power. You can choose de double of youy data rate also.

Another criteria is to calculate a particular % of power you wish (ie 90%) and then calculate the bandwith using ∫S(w) dw (S(w) is the power spectral density, but is a more complicated calculation and theorical)

I wish this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back