Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate band diagram of L1 triangular PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

gell

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to calculate simple band diagram

I have some questions when using Bandsolve to calculate projected band diagram of one single line defect triangular photonic crystal. First, I want to know what is the difference between triangular supercell and rectangular supercell. Secondly, If I choose rectangular supercell, how to set the basic vector? Rsoft didn't show such case in their tutorials. Could anyone help me to explain it? I also want to know how to get this projected band diagram by using plane expansion method. Thank a lot.

I attached the setting here.

help, please. If possible, could anyone give me some general concept? Thanks.

your supercell should be selected as rectangular.

It might be a lot easier to use plane wave expansion method to calculate the band diagram for a triangular PC. You can find many codes available online.

When you are working with supercell method, you define a matrix of holes (with one at the center acting as a defect) as the basis function. With no defects, you are defining one hole as the basis function.

Hi.I have same questions and also want to know how to get this projected band diagram by FDTD using RSOFT bandsolver.
I don't know how adjust FDTD bandsolver settings?Could anyone help me?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back