Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to build an oscilloscope with 16f876 and a lcd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telfo2002

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
picbasic 16f876

I was thinking in using special analog I/O from 16F876 and a normal hitachi lcd with 2x32 char for having a miniscope, some ideas code for 16f876?

Thanks on advance.

What you try to do isn't a scope. Never the less this is an idea. Use the LCD to display freq, dc level and ac level (Vpp and Vrms).If you search the web you'll find some projects for a 50 MHz freq counter. The ac rms level is very simple to calculate (after decoupling the input and whatch out for the max input freq, don't forget that sampling is limitated by the ADC converter). Dc level is an average of the sampling (without decoupling). And Vpp is simples to calculate if you always save the max and minimum read value. You can do this with a PIC, a LCD and a a capacitor. To add ranges or an larger bandwith you'll have to add more hardware. But start whit the simplest design and upgrate it if necessery.
Best regards.

Something similar is already available, and may give you some pointers. See EPE Mag. April 2000 issue.
**broken link removed**

Hi, Fragrance.
If you have source code for newer version of it graphic lcd based scope, can you upload, or PM me?

Thanks.

look :**broken link removed**

What is max frecvency for this gscope?

I'm really sorry for this wrong posting,i found the issues after postings...i'm a newbie here...anyway,i have a question,how do i program the obj? i tried loading it in icprog,but the configuration is wrong,and trying to reassemble it on mpasmwin gives tons of errors...i'm sorry for asking this silly questions too...thanks for your patience...i was trying to contribute with my firs posting and screwed it :oops: :oops:

all the best

Maneco

For reference in the attached file the schematics of an handheld lcd scope from wtw.velleman.be. It use PIC 18LC452.
I have only the sch from user.man

hi, Eternauta
Do you have and share with us firmware or source of HPS10 scope?

Thanks.

Hi,

Do you have a gameboy ? look what you can do with :

h**p://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk/actions/gameboy/gameboy.htm

* = t

papyaki said:
Hi,

Do you have a gameboy ? look what you can do with :

h**p://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk/actions/gameboy/gameboy.htm

* = t
I have this article as PDF in case someone is interested.

Hi, ME, I'm interested about pdf, can you upload it?

Thanks.

Uploaded articles from Elektor Electronics Oct, Nov & Dec 2000:

GBDSO - Gameboy Digital Sampling Oscilloscope
Convert a Nintendo games console into a portable oscilloscope

&

GBDT - GameBoy Development Tools
The articles on the GameBoy Digital sampling oscilloscope (GBDSO) did not fail to convince many of you that the Nintendo game console is a veritable gateway to more serious applications. This month we’ll look at the tricks of the trade, or what goes into creating your GB application.

Some useful Gameboy links:

a GameBoy Developer site
http://www.devrs.com/gb/hardware.php

GabeBoy Developers Kit
http://gbdk.sourceforge.net/

Hardware info and the Digital Sampling Oscilloscope project
**broken link removed**

here is a scope that seems great and uses 16f877
some texts are in french....

/ Warning - Files deleted. Don't upload files from the net just post link instead. Search google before uploading!

- ME

dpechman said:
here is a scope that seems great and uses 16f877
some texts are in french....

Direct link:
**broken link removed**

Another nice project with one 16F877

hXXp://sjeffroy.free.fr/Oscilloscope/oscilloscope.html

Hi Eternauta,
Could you send HPS10_sch.zip file to me via email?(cghe@hechenggang1.sina.com)
Best regards.

does someone has the DSOGRAB software for the GBDSO???

who has built the EPE Scope? and what do you think of it.
also has anyone tried to make improvements to it

Status
Not open for further replies.