Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to blow a metal fuse in UMC process ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony75

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
Since we don't have laser capability, I am trying to figure out how to blow a metal fuse in UMC process.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tony75

How blow metal fuse

If you cannot get any help from UMC, then you have to guess. The fuse should be a short section of minimum width metal which then tapers to something considerably wider - 8 to 10 times minimum width. That width must be maintained to the pads for blowing them. You then need to experiment with blowing them. Charge a few uF up to a few volts and connect it to the fuse. I have looked at them under a microscope to see if they have blown cleanly.

Keith

Re: How blow metal fuse

tony75 said:
Since we don't have laser capability, I am trying to figure out how to blow a metal fuse in UMC process.

Any suggestions?

Does UMC provide any help? (e.g., Design Rule suggestions - for the layout of the fuses, and for programming).

Sometimes fabs recommend the layout of teh fuses, but leave it up to the customer to determine the optimal and reliable (and minimum energy) way of fuse programming.

Is programming energy an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back