Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to avoid transients in a circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kad

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im working on a small project presently...which i could get it to some extent...but the problem is as soon as i switch on the powersupply i find some transients in the circuit ...can anyone suggest a way to avoid those transients...otherwise the circuit is working properly

Re: doubt

If you want anybody to help you, you must specify your problem more precisely...
Your description can be clear just for clairvoyants.

Eric

doubt

hi, you could at least provide us with a schematic.. and describe what is the purpose of your project.. thanks

It sounds like you need bypassing. For your power supply pins, tie 10uF capacitor at each of your power pins to ground. For your op-amps and device with power pins, tie 4.7uF and 0.1uF capacitors very close to the pins.

In the case you have really bad spikes coming from your supply, put 2 clamping diodes at the power supply pins. This would clamp your supplies from really nasty spike.

wwfeda said:
It sounds like you need bypassing. For your power supply pins, tie 10uF capacitor at each of your power pins to ground. For your op-amps and device with power pins, tie 4.7uF and 0.1uF capacitors very close to the pins.

In the case you have really bad spikes coming from your supply, put 2 clamping diodes at the power supply pins. This would clamp your supplies from really nasty spike.

Well, the first clairvoyant... ;-)
(don't take it bad, I'm joking)

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back