Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to auto power on a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mImoto

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to autopower a PC?

Hello,

I would like that a PC starts automatically when it has power from the 220V line without having to press the power on button. Does anyone how to do this? where can I find info about the power button in a PC, I say this because in many PCs if windows is running you can't turn off the PC from the power button, you have to close windows first.

Thanks a lot,

mimoto

Nowaday, most PC support automaticlly power on without pressing power button when 220v is on.Please check your BIOS setup item.Usally this item named "Power on after power fail", and just setting this feature as on. And do full booting to make this feature function.
Secondary, if you want to press power button to power down the system in windows.you must make sure your PC's BIOS is ACPI complaint.If yes, you could turn on this feature at Power option in control panal , and select Adance.Then you would see what your want.
Basiclly, you would get all your want if your PC BIOS supports.
Hope to help you.

hi ... if your bios does not support auto start you need hw solution ;0))
just bypass your power on pushbutton with capacitor and it will do the job ..

regards

cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back