Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add matched load to a waveguide in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonalpha

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
waveguide load design

Hi
I am design a slotted waveguide array. The waveguide is feed from one terminal, while the other is assigned matched load. A previous post says port is matched load, but it seems that in HFSS ports are all excited, that's not what i want.

Ports could be setted as unexcited in CST Microwave Studio. How to do that in HFSS?

Thanks

Added after 57 minutes:

I guess if i don't define the integration line, the port may not be excited.

Hope that is true

waveguide matched load design

you have the choise of normalize the impedence of the port to 50ohm

matched load for waveguides

lonalpha said:
Hi
I am design a slotted waveguide array. The waveguide is feed from one terminal, while the other is assigned matched load. A previous post says port is matched load, but it seems that in HFSS ports are all excited, that's not what i want.

Ports could be setted as unexcited in CST Microwave Studio. How to do that in HFSS?

Thanks

Added after 57 minutes:

I guess if i don't define the integration line, the port may not be excited.

Hope that is true
In HFSS any load is defined as a RLC circuit. You need to define
the area and assign a RLC circuit to it.

waveguide load

Yes, you are simulating a travelling-wave slot-arrray. And you can use the waveport to match the waveguide because the waveport is matched to the waveguide at every frequency. In this case S11 is enough.

waveguide loads

burton said:
Yes, you are simulating a travelling-wave slot-arrray. And you can use the waveport to match the waveguide because the waveport is matched to the waveguide at every frequency. In this case S11 is enough.

Thanks for your help.

I doubt if both two terminals are assigned to ports while the actual waveguide is fed on only ONE terminal, how would HFSS make it different with a waveguide fed on two terminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back