Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add I/Q signal after the mixer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugongying

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In an I/Q modulator,we use two seperate mixers to do up-conversion of I/Q signal,then how do we add these two paths together and then drive a PA?

You need a simple combiner to add the two paths.

Most people would combine the I/Q modulated IF signal BEFORE the upconversion. If you modulate the I channel, and then upconvert; and modulate the Q channel and upconvert with a 2nd mixer, you then have to worry a lot about the Amplitude and Phase balance between the two paths.

pugongying said:
In an I/Q modulator,we use two seperate mixers to do up-conversion of I/Q signal,then how do we add these two paths together and then drive a PA?

simple, you connect in your IQ modulator the I and Q outputs from these two separate mixers to the same load(=inductor or resistor). then you have I+jQ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back