Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to activate gps receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalkan07

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I'm an electrical and electronics engineering student. In my final project I'm designing a fleet management system with gps.I want to ask something. Although I made many resarch I couldnt find any information about how to activate gps receivers. For example , do I have to send any command to GPS receiver from microcontroller(pic16f877) for receiving the gps data or does the receiver give gps data to the microcontroller automatically when we switch the receiver on.If I have to send any command, please say me the commands.I'm waiting your helps.

As soon as GPS module powered, it transmit NMEA 0183 sentence a 1 second rate,

Refer to this attached document for further information

Almost all GPS receivers support NMEA. The activation of the GPS receiver ususally depends on the make/model of the receiver. It will be different between Novatel, Trible, Garmin, etc. The activation information can be found in the user manual of your GPS module.

Have you chosen the GPS module already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back