Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to access sound card using Matlab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudassirMehboob

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I want to build a secure voice communication system. For that purpose i have a sketch in my mind that a user would speak in mic attached with computer we access that data using matlab encrypt it using some xyz encryption algorithm and then send that data back to sound card as output. That output will travel through wire and on the reception side it is connected to mic of another computer and that data is decrypted and send to speakers.
Can any body please tell me how to access sound card using Matlab.
THanks for your help

Re: Audio Encryption

The problem with this approach is that you will not get the same numbers back after the DAC->wire->ADC stage.

The most obvious approach would be a speech compressor such as speex, encryption then a pair of modems.

hai

Nice to hear abt that project... a basic audio enccryption can be done using frequency scrambling...

Its very easy to access the soundcard for Matlab ... If u have DAQ toolbox in u r matlab version..

U can follow the example m file given and get or send data to soundcard.

hope it helped u..

get to me back if u have any trouble in this

__helios

hi.raj.tripod.com

Hi
I held an acoustic project by Matab. Access to microphone va sound card is easy.
As Helios said u just need to have the Data Aqusition Toolbox with ur Matlab. and then just read Help of Matlab.
a piont to be considered is that microphone input of siund card is efficient for ondenser microphones and is mono. to have an stereo sound u should use Line in input.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back