Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how the china made handhold light items run on coin or on even button cells ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm okk so it needs high current , but what if i wnat to drive it with a few or more pair of button cells ???????????
what to do then ?

Why are you trying to use an antique old TTL logic IC?
Did you look at its datasheet? It draws 30mA ALL THE TIME! Then it needs a HUGE battery and a 5V voltage regulator.

I stopped using old TTL logic ICs about 35 years ago and have used Cmos ever since.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ohh okk okk but these are not available in nearby area so let me know about the right one for the same operation of 74192 etc etc etc
sir would you please do me a favour ? please let me get all the details & link to get all the ic etc components you are talking about ? i ll purchase or ll get that

ohh okk okk but these are not available in nearby area so let me know about the right one for the same operation of 74192 etc etc etc
sir would you please do me a favour ? please let me get all the details & link to get all the ic etc components you are talking about ? i ll purchase or ll get that
Why do you want to use a binary counter? What do you want the LEDs to do?
An old 74192 is a TTL binary up-down counter that needs a regulated 5V supply. Its supply current is very high.
A 74HC192 is a modern high speed Cmos binary up-down counter that works from an unregulated 2V to 6V supply. Its supply current is almost zero.

Your counter needs a clock oscillator plus a decoder.

naa naa actually its only a prat of the total cicuitry i am makin & so many circuitry i use to make , so its just a part of that , the out of this ic fed to to a 74192 multiplexer ic & several functions are made poossible by this , it also contains some ir l.e.d.s sensor etc etc etc etc . . so its not the main ic but a basic one it is , i am makin more than a decade of operations so have to control by a single clock pulse or a manual pulse & so so many things are there , but all these system need a high power parameter so i want to make things compact thats why need to run it on button or coin cells . Too i can make the same chinese device i showed today but that ll not run on button cells infact it needs a recarchable 4.5 volts battery commonly available here . . . & it ll not satisfy my motive

- - - Updated - - -

well tell me if i use 74HC . . . then is it possible to run same thing on a 4.5 volt button cell combination pack ?

The antique TTL ICs need a high supply current and a 5V regulated supply. Since an ordinary 5V regulator needs an input of at least 7V and two series Lithium cells drop to 6V then three of those huge and heavy 18650 cells will be needed plus a complicated Lithium balanced charger.

No need for that, there is small SOT23-5 StepUp with few additional parts 500-800mA. Single cell can be used. Also charger is one small IC in SOT23-5 also with few additional parts up to 500mA of max. charging current. Both ICs are very cheap and works very well. Charging can be done even over USB port.

See examples :

LM2731 StepUp
LM2731 Circuit Examples.jpg

MCP1640 StepUp
MCP1640 Circuit Examples.jpg

MCP73832 Single Cell Li-Ion Li-Po Charger
MCP73832 Charger.jpg

Also there is smaller size of Li-Ion in AA and AAA size I just mention earlier 18650.

Li-Ion Battery Size Table.jpg

:wink:

My electric radio-controlled model airplanes and helicopters use Li-Po batteries. Some batteries are tiny and some are pretty big.

Since Rajaram is using old fashioned TTL ICs that have a very high supply current then the time the circuit is draining the battery must be counted.

excuse me tpetar sir i am a lil.bit confused between last 3 posts , are you explaining about the charger or power amplifiers or both ?
in first three pictures 3rd one is ok its a charger but what about first two ? are they able to increase parameters of coin cells ? i am sorry but its confusing me so please let me explain as you already know i am using antique old TTL logic IC so i am not getting fully . . please help me

- - - Updated - - -

too in all the first two pictures a coil is used , so is it possible to design without that ? or no option ?

excuse me tpetar sir i am a lil.bit confused between last 3 posts , are you explaining about the charger or power amplifiers or both ?
in first three pictures 3rd one is ok its a charger but what about first two ? are they able to increase parameters of coin cells ? i am sorry but its confusing me so please let me explain as you already know i am using antique old TTL logic IC so i am not getting fully . . please help me

In post #48 first and second pictures shows two different IC for StepUp configuration, how to get 5V or 12V from single cell Li-Ion, and third picture shows how to charge Li-Ion battery.

too in all the first two pictures a coil is used , so is it possible to design without that ? or no option ?

Design configuration should be exact as pictures shows. All should be in SMD and complete PCB is very small and compact. On the same PCB you can have charger and StepUp converter.

hmm yo got all dat very clearly , so is it possible to charge those small cells upto certain extent or fully its can be charged through out its life ? why don't we use such chargers it in daily life ?
too tell me how to make the the coil in home which is shown in second picture above ?
its not vailable now a days in my area so i ve to arrange it totally . . thanks a lot once again sir :)

- - - Updated - - -

ya okk could you please get me what is SMD ?

- - - Updated - - -

hmm yo got all dat very clearly , so is it possible to charge those small cells upto certain extent or fully its can be charged through out its life ?

I didnt understand this, sorry. Can you better explain.

why don't we use such chargers it in daily life ?

We use this every day, similar chargers have every mobile phone inside.

too tell me how to make the the coil in home which is shown in second picture above ?
its not vailable now a days in my area so i ve to arrange it totally . . thanks a lot once again sir :)

You should buy coil with that value.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-mount_technology

SMD Surface-mount devices (active, passive and electromechanical components)
SMT Surface-mount technology (assembling and mounting technology)
SMA Surface-mount assembly (module assembled with SMT)
SMC Surface-mount components (components for SMT)
SMP Surface-mount packages (SMD case forms)
SME Surface-mount equipment (SMT assembling machines)

- - - Updated - - -

Thise designs what I suggested are very small, and should be small and compact. SMD parts should be used and all should be miniature in size.

kk but colis are not available in my area , these are not available just due to reason that china market is replacing all that stuff :(
& i am asking , is it possible to charge small button or coin cells ? y we dont use it in daily life to charge such cells we use it in watches remote controls games light items etc etc etc ? thats my point

kk but colis are not available in my area , these are not available just due to reason that china market is replacing all that stuff :(

Check in electronics-semiconductors parts shops. Maybe possibility to order over post office.

& i am asking , is it possible to charge small button or coin cells ? y we dont use it in daily life to charge such cells we use it in watches remote controls games light items etc etc etc ? thats my point

You can try to charge this battery "buttons" or "coin cells" I dont know what will be result. I succesfully recharge alkaline AA and AAA batteries without problems several times, and Duracell up to 7-8 times.

- - - Updated - - -

That small should be alkaline also, I think this will works. But I dont know is there some point of this, because these batteries are very cheap, you can buy 10 pieces table for small amount of money.

okk is any link for electronics-semiconductors parts ?
or any link to make such coil ? do u have any idea regarding that ?
i ll make it then

- - - Updated - - -

i am searching here but unable to reach the aim

http://www.futurlec.com/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?search=coil

okk is any link for electronics-semiconductors parts ?
or any link to make such coil ? do u have any idea regarding that ?
i ll make it then

i am searching here but unable to reach the aim

https://www.futurlec.com/cgi-bin/search/search.cgi?search=coil

For parts try :

www.digikey.com
www.tme.eu
www.farnell.com

- - - Updated - - -

Inductor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inductor

- - - Updated - - -

We went far away from topic, maybe is better to make new threads for new topics.

thanks again & ya coincidently i am thinking so :) kk lets proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back