Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How the battery runtime is decreasing with increase in energy density?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khatus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, I can not understand how the battery runtime is decreasing with increasing energy density?

energydensityvs.PNG

As I know 03 reason:
01 - When dischare current of battery is higher, it make battery hotter. Battery has internal resistance, which heat up itself. When the temperture rising. The self discharger current also rising follow. And lost capacity.
02- Internal resistance is not fixed, it is dynamic follow discharge current. When higher current make higher lost power (relate to chemical & mechanical also). You know the lost is propotion to quare time P = I^2 x R, it is not linearity. This like "skill effect" of conductor. The ion need to exchange with electrode, more current will make more collistion between them, that make lost engerny.
03 - Charge and discharge with higher current make "boiling" effect on surface of electrode, will damage electrode little a beat. That why capacity of battery reduce eache charge/discharge time and each battery have its limit charging action to maintaince its 80% the first capacity.
To extend life time off battery, using capacitor in parallel of battery. With e-vehicle using power path control with supper-cap to support boost up power in short time and charge/save current/power from brake. Which also help to improve usefull capacity of battery.

Hello guys, I can not understand how the battery runtime is decreasing with increasing energy density?

View attachment 172518
The statement underlined in red is not accurate. The energy density and power density can be independent; in other words, you can have high energy density and high power density; high energy density and low power density; low energy density and high power density and finally low energy density and low power density.

Status
Not open for further replies.