Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how shall i include a command window into my BC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashwini182

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm now working with a c++ project with borlandc which is used to develope a debugging tool. I need to include command window to the project as a unique window rather than being activated from menu item.

please mail me or mesg me if anyone can help me out in this !!!

regards,
Ashwini

What is a "command" window? If you mean a console window, try calling Win32 functions AllocConsole, WriteConsole, and FreeConsole.

I don't see how a window's type (what is a "unique" window?) has anything to do with how it is activated. By "activated", do you mean "opened"?

Echo 47....Thanks 4 ur response!!

Actually am wrking with borlandc , i need a UI very much like a CAD tool where the comnad promt displayed at the bottom of the window. I used turbo vision to handle the menu and window creation using borlandc.

I mentioned it to be unique ...coz... in turbo c we can always find the way to command promt or dos window thru the DosShell option of the drop down menu list of "file". Where as in my case i need the dos window to be displayed at the bottom to enable command line utility for my tool.

please let me know if i made things clear to u... am not wrkign with vc++

am working with borlandC. ..smthng similar to TurboCpp.

will await your replies ,

Regards,
Ashwini

Ok, now I understand. Those Windows techniques are beyond my experience. Hopefully someone else can help you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back