Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How reed locked PIC16C505

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychodelic

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
encrypted pic16c505 programing pic programer

Somebody have programer with skip security for this PIC, or know how do that??
Best regards!

I'm 99.9% sure it cant be done with out blowing the chip up thats the old point of having it on there it prevents people like you ripping of teh hex file may be back in teh 80's when they first come out you could
well that's my view on it naywaz
wizpic

Well try to read it on programmer.
If it reads but encrypted you are in luck, it can be decrypted somehow, if it does not read, theres nothing you can do i think

Search this forum on similar subject. You can use combination of word such as: microcontroller and protection.
One of topics was: "removing code protection pic micro".

I don't think there is an easy method of getting access to protected microcontroller; if it was why would they do it?
It is possible that manufacturers know how to do this (some pins may have specioal functions we are not aware of) but it would be stupidity of them to let someone else know of this option.

I think there is none you can do to bypass the code protection to read the PIC chip using PIC programmer.

But I think there are few companies offer to retrieve the code for you if you provide info that you own the PIC chip code. They will pry open the chip and extract the code from the 'die'.

Hope this help.

there is rumors about that search the net about it

sara_suansun said:
you can read it by jdm programer

How this will be?

Would you please explain more !!!

Good luck with that, the original post was over 1.5 years ago and it's not doable with a simple programmer. It also doesn't apply to newer flash based chips which are well protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.