How reduce Noise , Low-Noise voltage reference MAX6341?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asrock70

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do you know of any appnote or the reference designdescribing the reduction of noise voltage reference?
MAX6341 have Noise 0.1Hz - 10Hz 2,4uVp-p, ´I would like to get the noise and the order below

You can always reduce noise with a low-pass filter, if you use a (low-pass corner frequency) « (min. unwanted noise frequency). The disadvantage: the reference voltage takes several of these respective time-constants to reach its final value.

I.e. with a simple RC filter with a corner frequency of - say - 0.01Hz , it will take several minutes to reach its final value. And you'll have to use low-noise (electrolytic) caps.

Nothing is simple.
RC LPF will be effective, resistance introduced into the circuit's own noise and mainly it will be a voltage drop. Therefore, you must add the output buffer.
And already we have a resistor, amplifier, everything travels with the temperature, the time and has an impact on the accuracy and stability of reference.

ADR444 is a little bit better ragarding noise and also cheaper.

ARD444 has unfortunately 3x worse temperature drift and 1,6x worse long term stability.
I'm thinking about something like
https://www.ti.com/lit/an/slyt355/slyt355.pdf
Unfortunately, it's hard to estimate what will be the long-term stability

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.